Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Project: New Fundraiser

My good friend Mary cleaned out her crafts supplies in the Fall.  I got some goodies out of her purging.  Namely, a baggie chocked full of embroidery floss.  Did I know what I was going to do with it?  Nope.  Maybe, 1,000 friendship bracelet for my BFFs...
I always like to be prepared.  [a.k.a. I can be a craft supply hoarder...]
We finished our adoption classes at the end of last month.  Nine three hour sessions.  That's a whole lotta time to get to know people.  Especially nice to be walking this road with super sweet, open people.  Our teacher was great!  Spunky, fun, party nail rock'n social worker.  I wanted to give her something special as a token of my appreciation.  Enter embroidery floss...

I decided to make some string art to spell out a word that encompassed our experience in the class. 

1. Found a piece of wood in the garage. 
2. Printed out the word: HOPE.
3. Nailed around the perimeter.
4. Ripped out the paper.
5. Went crazy with string.  Ombre if you please...

She liked it.
Do you?  Because I'm adding these signs to my LittleAcornProduct Etsy site.  ALL proceeds go to our adoption fund!!!  I can do any word in any color.  Think: names, your last name, a word or short phrases [always & forever, sweet dreams, home, love, imagine].  Any suggestions?

I'm going to try to crank out a few more tonight...I'll post pictures.
Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment