Monday, February 4, 2013

Ooey-gooey cookie brownie peanut butter morsels

There's something so special about baking.  Left and right brain working together.  It is pretty thrilling to make something new.  Yesterday, I whipped up these brownie-cookie-peanut butter cup bites for the Super Bowl.  Also, mostly because I wanted to treat my sweet husband.  The combination of three of his favorite things seemed like just the ticket!  I was inspired by this recipe: Brownie bites on steroids I thought I'd try my hand at a picture tutorial.  So, here goes nothing!

Several years ago, I bought this handy dandy silicone pan on super sale at a craft store.  Honestly, I haven't used it very often.  But, it seemed like just the right thing for this recipe.  I wanted these treats to be bite sized.  A mini muffin pan would work fine too.

I gathered what I needed [minus the eggs and oil]:

Not even a little bit from scratch...

Grease your pan!  Generously.

Now, to figure out proportions.  I accidentally bought mini chocolate chip cookie dough.  It turned out to be a great mistake.  I cut each piece in half--just right!  Squish it in.
Next, I decided to warm the dough in a preheated 350 degree oven.  Just enough to soften the dough, about 5 minutes.
While the cookie dough is in the oven, whip up your brownie batter according to the package directions and cut your peanut butter cups in half:

Thanks for the Vermont cutting board Mom!



The softened dough is perfect for squishing those peanut butter cups down into:


 Spoon brownie batter on top, filling about 3/4 full.  Most recipes say this and I usually fill things pretty full.  Use your best judgement.



Bake for about 12 minutes.  I figured if these little morsels were a tad bit under done it would ruin the football game...

Fresh from the oven.  I popped them in the refrigerator for a bit.  



TOUCHDOWN!!!
 Sorry this picture is not better... I am new at this.  I made 4 dozen of these ooey-gooey cookie brownie peanut butter cup morsels. They were good. 

And we were pretty stoked the the Ravens won the big game!!!
I'd love to know if you try this recipe!  Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment