Saturday, June 22, 2013

Father's Day Part II

I've been thinking a lot about what I wrote on Father's Day.  My acknowledgements were lacking.  [by two]  There may be more, but this is what I've been pondering.

Let me tell you a little about my father-in-law.  He is awesome.  I couldn't ask for a better one.  I admire him in so many ways.  He raised my husband and did a pretty fantastic job [with mucho help from his beautiful wife, my mother-in-law].  He is this brilliant professional who stands up [against all odds] for what he believes.  Constantly generous.  Always thinking.  Funny.  Tender.  Thoughtful man.  Strong leader in so many places.  AND a dreamer.  Musician scientist-- right and left brains collide and there his is.   I know he loves me like a daughter.  I feel 100% adopted.  The name-sake of our boy.  I'm so proud to be a part of his family.

And then there's one other father.  A man who is about to enter our lives and stay forever.  A man we've never met, who one day soon we'll be bonded to.  The biological-father of our baby.  I pray for this man.  He has many faces.  I don't know his age, race or ethnicity.  So, I imagine them all.  I am really hoping to meet him someday.  We may not; but he'll still be a part of our family.  And I just wanted to recognize him too.

Happy Belated Father's Day.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment