Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

I love my dad.  He is this unstoppable force in my eyes.  He can do anything.  Really.  He's this perfect blend of right and left brain.  And he's just a good dad.  I am so blessed.  So blessed.  I've always felt a special bond with him.   Like we were cut from the same cloth.  Not everyone gets that.  I did.  I'm really grateful.  He gets me.

I have another father too, a step-father.  He's also an incredible guy.  He's been there for me for over half of my life, providing the day-to-day, best and worst moments of the pre-teen/teenage/young adult years.  He is down to earth.  Real.  Genuine.  He is such a hard worker.  I admire him in so many ways.  I'm so thankful that he stepped into a "ready-made" family and found his place.  We wouldn't be the same without you.

And then there's the father of my children.  My husband.  Who never held a brand new baby until it was ours.  He has learned from scratch how to be this incredible Papa and we've been hand and hand through it all.  He amazes me.  We didn't know if our babies were boys or girls until they were born.  When John was born we told everyone in the room that Brian was going to be the one to tell me.  When he came out everyone was quiet.  He brought me over this bundle wrapped in a blanket and said, "This is our son, John."  That is one of the happiest moments of my life.  Brian is a great father to both of our sons.

But for so many, too many, this is a very difficult day.  A heart breaking day.  A complicated day.  I am remembering you.  My friends who have lost their fathers too soon.  It's not fair.  My friends who can not hug all their children today.  This is wrong.  Those whose fathers are not in the picture for better or for worse...  I am thinking of you today and praying that our Heavenly Father would give you His peace that passes all understanding.  It's not easy.  I just wanted you to know that I know that it's not always a happy father's day.

God bless all the fathers and all the children today.
Kristen




1 comment:

  1. Calico gingham, Madame Rye. Glad you get me too!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete