Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Cake

For seven years on this day I have made a special cake for the man I love.  Today is his birthday.  He likes what he likes and what he LOVES is peanut butter and chocolate.  So, each year that is my special task: to create a Reeses's cake.  This year I asked for some input.  The birthday boy said he wanted: "A cookie cake, an ice cream cookie cake! A Reese's ice cream cookie cake cake... with brownie!"  I accepted the challenge and this is what I came up with.  I had a happy helper:


 I started with a Reese's peanut butter cup chocolate chip cookie base.  I pressed about half of the batter into the bottom of a  lightly greased 9 inch spring form pan.  

Yum!
 Baked at 350 for about 20 minutes.  Just until it was a little brown around the edges.  I let it cool for a while and then put it in the freezer.


While that was cooling I made brownies.  I put less than half the batter in a 9 inch cake pan and baked them for a little less than the package directions.


While the cookie and brownie layers were chilling.  I made hot fudge.


It was easy!  And decadent... it froze beautifully.  If I can give any tip for making ice cream cake: include this some how!

Now to assemble:


 I let my ice cream sit out for about half an hour.  It made a good soft texture for spreading on top of the  frozen cookie layer.

First, the peanut butter cup ice cream.

Next, I added the brownie and half of the hot fudge.


Finally, the cookie dough ice cream, the rest of the hot fudge and a a bunch of peanut butter cups.  Back to the freezer...

TA-DAH!!!



It was a success!  It was a time consuming process; but totally worth it!  The birthday boy was pleased.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment